International Health Certificates for Dogs and Cats in Franklin, TN

Traveling to a foreign country with a pet can be a bit of a process! We are happy to serve as a resource for you during this time for international health certificates for dogs and cats. To make the international health certificate process as smooth as possible, please review the following information:

  • As the owner, it is your responsibility to obtain the appropriate document(s) needed for travel and to understand the time frame outlined in these documents. For instance, it is common for specific tests, vaccines, etc. to be performed in an exact time frame relative to your intended date of travel. The requirements and documentation needed are determined by the country you are traveling to (not by Animal Ark Animal Hospital or the United States Government) and are subject to frequent change. The best resource for this information can be found here.

Please review this information and email all necessary documents to our clinic a minimum of 48 hours prior to the appointment. This will allow us to review the document(s) and make sure we are able to perform all the necessary services, that the time frame for the appointment is appropriate, and that we have all the past records necessary to complete the document(s) needed in their entirety. Please send these documents to

Pet relocation services

When You’ll Need Pet Relocation Services

Will you and your pet be flying to one of these countries?

  • Japan
  • New Zealand
  • Australia
  • Guam
  • Hawaii
  • UK

You will need to utilize a pet relocation service for Animal Ark Animal Hospital to be able to assist in your pet’s travels. There are more complicating factors involved in the transport of pets to these locations than can easily be serviced by our hospital.

A pet relocation service will shoulder the burden of all the requirements, documentation, timing, etc. and will work with us to make sure there are no problems with transportation. Our clients have had success with in the past. Please understand that every country has differing requirements, and many have extensive testing and time sensitive actions that must be performed for importation of a pet. The relocation services are familiar with each country’s legal requirements and work with Animal Ark Animal Hospital to assure you that your pet’s transportation will be smooth and seamless.

When International Health Certificates for Pets Need Additional Review

Although our veterinarians have the authority to act as a representative of the federal government (as designated by their active, federal accreditation status) they are not official USDA veterinarians. For certain countries, there is an additional step of having the documents our veterinarians sign reviewed by an official USDA veterinarian. This is done through the official USDA website.

If the country you are traveling to accepts digital certificates, one will be emailed to you. If they require a physical copy, the physical certificate will be overnighted to us for you to pick up, and then overnighted back to you. If this step is required for the country you are traveling to, please plan your travel and your appointments with us accordingly to allow enough time for this to occur. Additionally, the USDA veterinarians are your best option for many of the detailed questions that often arise when reviewing the paperwork.

This is their contact information:

Phone: 615-781-5315

Physical Address:
USDA, APHIS, VS, Veterinary Export Trade Services
440 Hogan Road | Jennings Building
Nashville, TN 37220

We hope to make this process go as smoothly as possible for you and your pet. Give us a call if you have any questions.